Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Deja Vu!

Looked at a blog by Yimmi - http://silencedogoodetal.blogspot.com/2006/02/prank-at-work.html

I had a eerie deja vu moment.

Yimmi's post:
Prank at Work
I was bored again at work today so I decided to play a bit of a joke on the breakroom TV crowd. Every day at noon, all the ladies gather to eat their lunch in the breakroom and watch Days of Our Lives. Even outside of lunch hours, several men come down and do nothing but watch sports updates (ESPN, Fox Sports, etc..).

I decided to turn on the Parental Controls on the television when no one was around and create a password for these channels. Shortly before lunch time I took a seat to watch the reactions.

Holy shit! I didn't realize this crowd would get so upset over not seeing an episode of Days of Our Lives! They were running around screaming obscenities I would never have imagined them using. In the end, they decided to go to a local restaurant and talk the waiters into changing the TV channel so they could watch days.

After lunch, the men streamed down to watch their sports. I was surprised by the average reaction which was largely a shrug of the shoulders and a trip back to their office. Except the one guy who kept turning the TV on and off repeatedly (I guess expecting a different result each time).

At any rate, the violent reaction by the women to not being able to watch Days prompted me to come in quietly this weekend while no one was around and turn their channel back on without parental attention.

While I wouldn't recommend getting a large group of women upset, it WAS a very interesting social experiment.

~Yimmi


In fact, my former employment, CSD has a breakroom where the ladies would converge to watch Days of Our Lives at noon also! They were pretty obsessive about it. If I was still working there and tested the parental control, what would be the result of the 'social experiment'? I miss that place, we played a lot of pranks on each other and it would have been fun to see everybody's reaction. Ha!

Once, I found a background 'Blue Screen of Death' that you get when your PC dies for good. I set the fake 'Blue Screen of Death' on my boss' computer and he literally went into a panic attack until he saw me laughing so hard, I was falling off my chair.

Ah, the good old days!

No comments: